CroFab strike back
Indication. CroFab ® Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine) is a sheep-derived antivenin indicated for the management of adult and pediatric patients with North American crotalid envenomation. The term crotalid is used to describe the Crotalinae subfamily (formerly known as Crotalidae) of venomous snakes which includes rattlesnakes, copperheads and cottonmouths/water moccasins Strike back with CroFab® for triple control Please see enclosed full prescribing information. *Excluding fasciculations or myokymia, which may be refractory to antivenin.2 References: 1 Virtual Strike Back Envenomation Educational Program on April 29th, 2021 from 12 noon -4pm Eastern Time (9am -1pm Pacific Time) Included in the Program: • Live presentations from several experts in the field of envenomation management • The opportunity to ask questions and receive answers in real tim A lot of people are on back order. Just three weeks ago, the FDA released 3,600 vials of CroFab in the United States, all of which were quickly snatched up. California received 490 vials
Strike Back Envenomation Education - CroFa
- Object Details Location Currently not on view Credit Line Gift of BTG International, Inc. ID Number 2019.0172.06 catalog number 2019.0172.06 accession numbe
- e if you are allergic to the CroFab anti-venom. Most hospitals will use 20-40 vials of anti-venom (CroFab) at $2,000 to $3,500 per vial for a full envenomation. Rattlesnake anti-venom CroFab, is not very effective against Timber Rattlesnake bites. Have the hospital contact 87-SERP-DRU
- The new SnakeBite911 app comes from the manufacturers of CroFab® CrotalidaePolyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine), a sheep-derived antivenin indicated for the management of adult and pediatric patients with North American crotalid envenomation. The term crotalid is used to describe the Crotalinae subfamily (formerly known as Crotalidae) of venomous.
Official Site for US Healthcare Professionals CroFab
- ated at factory, cannot be.
- back pain. Adverse reactions involving the skin and appendages (primarily rash, urticaria, and pruritus) were reported in 12 of the 42 patients. Two patients had a severe allergic reaction (severe hives and a severe rash and pruritus) following treatment and one patient discontinued CroFab® due to an allergic reaction
- CroFab® Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine) is a sheep-derived antivenin indicated for the management of adult and pediatric patients with North American crotalid envenomation. The term crotalid is used to describe the Crotalinae subfamily (formerly known as Crotalidae) of venomous snakes which includes rattlesnakes, copperheads and.
- Severed rattlesnake head bites man who decapitated it. According to KIII-TV in South Texas, Jennifer Sutcliffe and her husband were out doing yard work near Corpus Christi when they spotted a four.
- Presentations by John Garner from BTG: When Envonmation Strikes Strike Back With CROFAB For Commplete Control and Jan Trip Johnson, RN on Wilderness Medicine. Dinner provided by Crofab. Meeting Minutes here. April 2018 Chapter Meeting
- Venomous snakebites kill at least 100,000 people per year. The only antidote—antivenom—takes time, skill and abundant resources to make. PM walks you through how its done (but don't try this.
- Crotalus giganteus. Brattstrom, 1954. Crotalus adamanteus. — Klauber, 1956. The eastern diamondback rattlesnake ( Crotalus adamanteus) is a species of venomous pit viper in the family Viperidae. The species is endemic to the southeastern United States. It is one of the heaviest venomous snakes in the Americas and the largest rattlesnake
- Snakebite 101. Each year, an estimated 8,000 Americans are bitten by venomous snakes, with the vast majority occuring during the spring and summer months. This year, that number might grow. As people itch to get outside amid the ongoing pandemic, medical authorities nationwide have reported more snake bites than average: near Los Angeles and in.
- First strike. Because Nycomed and Protherics split the sales of the two drugs, the Danish group may have decided that to prevent the loss of this steady income stream, it is worth making a bid for the company. Stefan Hamill, an analyst at Noble, estimates that with just CroFab and DigiFab alone Protherics is worth £200m ($375m)
- This app also works without signal, providing you with a list of hospitals that are trained in treating snakebites and may stock CroFab®, should you not be able to call 911 and need to take the victim directly to the Emergency Room yourself. Features. • Emergency support for snakebite emergencies. • Quick dial 911
- Fortunately, CroFab antivenin (available in most hospitals) effectively deals with these effects. With prompt medical attention, death is unlikely. The most recent death from a Mojave bite was back in 2007. Western Diamondback Rattlesnake (Crotalus Atrox
- and back 'Acute abdomen' Strike at 8 ft/second Strike reach distances ½ CroFab Indicated with significant envenomations Progressive edema Coagulopathy Shock Skin testing not routinely suggested Risk for anaphylaxis (Wyeth >> CroFab) CroFab Antiveno
- istered. a single snake can have enough venom to strike up to.
- Additional information concerning the use of CroFab can be obtained at the CroFab Hotline at 1-877-377-3784. The antivenom is called CroFab (brand of Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab [Ovine], developed and manufactured by Protherics PLC, Nashville, TN, and distributed by Fougera [800-231-0206], a division of Altana Inc. and has been available.
Sign Up Strike Back Envenomation Education - CroFa
- Rest assured. Snakes are here. Steve Wilcox, the retired train engineer who got his photo on Vogue.com as a sartorial standout during Marfa Myths 2018 wearing a pith helmet, tie-dye shirt, big leather gloves and boots with shorts, availed himself in a phone call to update what turns out to be my woefully-behind-the-times rattlesnake information
- The Best Way to Shoot a Snake. Life in the scenic Ozarks woodlands of western Arkansas means adjusting yourself to the natural rhythms of the seasons: colorful leaves in the yard in fall, at least one wonderland snow in winter, and venomous reptiles nesting under the house in spring and summer. To put it bluntly, if you live out in the sticks.
- Sistrurus miliarius is a small species with adults usually growing to 40-60 cm (16-24 in) in total length (including tail). The maximum reported total length is 78.8 cm (31.0 in) ( Klauber, 1972). Snellings and Collins (1997) reported a specimen of S. m. barbouri measuring 80.3 cm (31.6 in), but it had been in captivity for over 12 years
- g the drug infringed on its patent. The drug's true effect on the market remains unclear
Snakebite Management Webinars Strike Back - CroFa
- The Death Adder is near the top of Australia's most venomous snakes. The snake hunts by sitting and waiting for its prey to get close enough that it can strike in less than 0.15 seconds, injecting them with a lethal dose of poison from fangs over 1cm long! Symptoms and Treatment for Death Adder Bites. The poison from the Death Adder is very.
- 'The unluckiest guy in America': Mississippi hunter bitten on head by copperhead in tree 'I'll be looking the rest of my life. I'll get some snake boots and a snake hat, I reckon.
- The 65-year-old victim looked into the bowl and found a 1.6m albino reticulated python looking back at him. ones who survived a snake strike. of the antivenom CroFab as they battled to.
- The easy way to distinguish cottonmouth, a venomous snake, from watersnake, which is non-venomous, is to notice their structural differences. The shape of their head and their iris, scale, and body structure are some of the characteristics that could be used to discern them if you happen to see any of them in your backyard
- appear bigger. Upon further provocation, the snake may bluff strike, where it lunges out, but doesn't open its mouth or it may strike with an open mouth. Because venom is costly for a rattlesnake to produce, and you are not considered food, a snake often will not actively inject venom when it bites. In fact, nearly half of all timbe
- Three Headshots in Ten Minutes: Tangos Down - TacSol X-Ring w/Magpul X-22. This was the end result of an exceptionally productive morning on my rural farm. The big one stretched out to 37 inches. The bottom is 29. I have had need of a gun when facing two-legged predators but twice thus far. However, I have had cause to wield a firearm for.
- do its thing. Note: about 25% of venomous snake bites are dry - no venom
CroFab is made by only one company, BTG plc, that is based in the U.K. When we published this the hospital paid roughly $2,300 per vial, with a typical dose requiring four to six vials. In many cases, multiple doses are needed according to CroFab's promotional Web Site. Hospital bills can range from $55,000 to over $200,000 depending on the. Characteristics and Behavioral Traits of the Eastern Diamondback. The Crotalus adamanteus, commonly known as the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, is a species of highly venomous pit vipers from the Viperidae family.It is largely regarded as the heaviest (though not the longest) venomous snake endemic to the Americas, as well as the largest rattlesnake species known to currently exist
What is CroFab® CroFab
- Strike back with CroFab@ for triple contôlã Halt the progression of effects, such as edema and ecchymosis z m Resolve systemic such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, or tachycardtal such as thrombocytopenje and spontaneous bleedingl Selected Safety Informatio
- Yes, but let's discuss what it means to be coiled. Being coiled into a round ball (a.k.a. the resting coil) is not the best position for a rattlesnake to strike from. A rattlesnake CAN strike from this position, but it will have to uncoil itse..
- Coral Snake Appearance: There are many varieties of coral snakes throughout the Americas, but we will address the USA snakes. The most common species in the United States have a universal red-yellow-black-yellow pattern. Not all coral snakes have the same color scheme, so it is important to be familiar with the snakes specific to your region
- strike. Aside from the pain, which had escalated to a burning sensation along the length of my left arm, I felt fine. I had no problem driving the few miles to the hospital. periodically and sent back to Wales where it's made into CroFab antivenin. The final packaging of CroFab antivenin is done here in the U.S
Summertime Series: Snakebites. Posted: Monday, June 21, 2021. Snakes are of particular concern in the warmer months in Wyoming, especially the venomous kind. However, prairie rattlesnakes - which are the sole venomous snakes found around this area - are a part of our rural environment in our high plains desert To the best of my knowledge all of the rattlesnakes but one have hemolytic venoms. That is they attack the tissues of your body. It makes sense because all the organs that produce the venom are modified salivary glands. Normally the snake uses the.. . It is possible CroFab may cause unexpected side effects that are not described above. If you experience an unanticipated reaction while using CroFab, talk to your doctor
It is an extremely fast and agile snake that can strike instantly with extreme accuracy, often striking multiple times in the same attack, and it envenoms in almost every case. Common crawl. Envenom's scaling has been increased from 7% to 9% of attack power per combo point. WikiMatrix CroFab, an antivenin manufactured by BTG International, is the only FDA-approved antivenin in the United States for bites from pit vipers, including rattlesnakes, copperheads and water moccasins CroFab sells for about $2,200 per vial, according to Ashley Tapp, a London-based spokesman for the manufacturer, BTG International. A similar story made global headlines in 2012, when Marcie Edmonds of Phoenix was stung by a scorpion and billed $83,056 for a four-vial course of antivenom called Anascorp — nearly $21,000 per vial Three Headshots in Ten Minutes: Tangos Down - TacSol X-Ring w/Magpul X-22 by WILL DABBS on MAY 16, 2021 Related Tags: Buzz, Feature Articles, Magpul, Ruger 10/22, snake hunting, snakes, TacSol, X-Ring This was the end result of an exceptionally productive morning on my rural farm. The big one stretched out to 37 inches CroFab is manufactured in sheep. Anavip is manufactured using serum from horses. The venoms that are used in the mix are actually very different. So CroFab uses venom from eastern diamondback rattlesnakes, western diamondback rattlesnakes, Mojave rattlesnakes, and cottonmouths snakes, so 4 North American snakes
Snakebite medicine shortage / Hospital antivenin stocks
- Ben ran before the snake could strike again, and his friends and older sister scooped up the 65-pound boy and carried him to safety. Shands charges about $20,000 for one vial of CroFab. That.
- a. John Garner from BTG plc: When Envonmation Strikes Strike Back With CROFAB For Commplete Control i. Crofab Pharmacology ii. Snake Bite First Aid iii. SnakeBite911 Apps iv. Poison Control v. Q&A b. Wilderness Medicine, Presented by Jan Trip Johnson, RN i. Prevention is Key ii. Field & Wilderness Medicine iii. International Scenarios iv
- g their prey, and back to strike position again, in less than 0.15 seconds
- (CroFab) Crotalidae Immune F(ab') 2 (equine) (ANAVIP) Year introduced to market: 2000: 2018 a: FDA-approved indication: North American crotalid envenomation (rattlesnakes, Copperheads, and Cottonmouths) in adults and children: North American rattlesnake envenomation in adults and children: Snake species used in the antibody-development proces
- CROFAB's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates
- We went back to camp and everyone called their wife and friends and the story quickly spread. I called my nephew who is an E.R. Doctor and told him the story. He said whatever we've spent on snake boots, chaps and quail hunting is nothing compared to the cost of antivenom called CroFab
Five pieces of product literature regarding snakebite and
- Crotaline Fab antivenom (CroFab; Crotaline polyvalent immune Fab (ovine), BTG International Inc, West Conshohocken, Penn) is a highly purified product derived from sheep hyperimmunized with the venom of four crotaline snakes, including A piscivorus.A relatively pure IgG fraction is extracted from the sheep serum and cleaved with papain to remove the antigenic Fc portion
- So, had to take the hoe and pull the shingles back, while he was striking the hoe, then whack him, of course the first whack hit him across the back, and I thought I heard a... Oww!! You son of a... before another strike hit him upside the head. So. Now, no one wants to go outside, so why was this a big problem? View attachment 37243
- NPR Summer Bummer: A Young Camper's $142,938 Snakebite. The snake struck a 9-year-old hiker at dusk on a nature trail in Illinois. Expensive antivenin and a helicopter ride to the hospital led to.
- The speed of the strike is extremely rapid, approximately 8 feet per second. The strike is usually directed slightly downward, but rattlesnakes may strike horizontally or even upward at a 45-degree angle. Although the strike is usually single and from a coiled position, rattlesnakes may strike from almost any position and may strike several times
- A cry, sharp and loud, followed by yells. My boy holds his left leg with hands clasped below his knee, hopping around 15 feet or so from a rattler, coiled, ready to strike. It is the first day of Fiesta. We've driven high into the mountains behind Santa Barbara, atop Gibraltar. My friend brought my two boys and me here for an afternoon
- Crofab. This expensive, but effective antivenom has only a short half life, owing to the small molecular size, compared to IgG antivenoms, so repeat doses or infusions are often required. The initial dose is usually suggested as 4-6 vials, followed by a further 6+ vials, either stat or, preferably, as an infusion
Catskill Mtns - Snake
- Important Safety Information. Warnings and Precautions. Coagulopathy: In clinical trials, recurrent coagulopathy (the return of a coagulation abnormality after it has been succes
- The two big costs were reportedly the only kind of antivenin available in the U.S. and an air ambulance
- A venomous snake bite penetrates the skin and injects, secretes, or spits a toxin into the penetrated wound. Symptoms of a venomous snake bite include: numbness or tingling in the face or arms and legs. Treatment of a venomous snake is a medical emergency, and the person that has been bitten needs to be taken to an emergency department or other.
- Venomous North American snakes include pit vipers (copperheads, water moccasins/cottonmouths, and rattlesnakes) and coral snakes. The diagnostic studies, antivenom treatment, and follow-up required depend on the type of snake and the bite severity. The latest evidence on managing snake bites in the ED is reviewed. Free with this monthly issue, enjoy our EMplify Podcas
- Have 2 elongate upper maxillary teeth that are usually folded back against the roof of the mouth. The teeth rotate forward 90 degrees when they strike. What is unique about pit viper teeth? vertically elliptical pupils. Crofab polyvalent immune fab
Venomous snakes cast springtime presence in Texas. 1 of 15 Statewide, western diamondbacks account for the majority of snakebites, a function of the species having the widest distribution of Texas. rapid transport of the patient to the nearest health care facility. Swelling, bruising, and systemic symptoms are seen following snakebite. Most patients respond to elevation of the affected extremity and observation. Some require the administration of antivenin. Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine) (CroFab, BTG International, West Conshohocken, PA) antivenin is safe and effective for the. . and then he felt the strike. The pain was.
Seek medical attention immediately, even if you assume that it was a dry bite. An anti-venom called CroFab is a very effective treatment if administered soon after the bite. How to Remove Baby Cottonmouth Snakes . If you come across a cottonmouth in your home or on your property, the best thing to do is call snake removal experts That was somewhat rectified, but we're still behind schedule, said Russell LaMontagne, a spokesman for Savage Laboratories, the U.S. distributor of CroFab. A lot of people are on back order. Snake venom is a highly modified saliva containing zootoxins that facilitate the immobilization and digestion of prey, and defense against threats.It is injected by unique fangs during a bite, and some species are also able to spit their venom.. The glands that secrete the zootoxins are a modification of the parotid salivary glands found in other vertebrates, and are usually situated on each. A few years back a friend and I were fishing in GSMNP. We were a couple of miles back headed to a creek. As I was bushwhacking through some ferns I heard a rattler. Looked back where I had stepped and I missed stepping on him by only a few inches. Luckily it didn't strike but I quickly became very cautious of where my next steps would be . Most North American snakes aren't poisonous, and the majority of snake bites that occur are non-venomous. Venomous North American snakes can be fairly easy to recognize: aside from the red-yellow-black coral snake, North American venomous snakes are pit-vipers and can be identified by their triangular head and depression (dent or pit) between the eye and.
SnakeBite911 - Apps on Google Pla
- If you happen to step on one of those snakes, and they strike you, it probably won't be that bad. A cottonmouth takes care of pests too, but is not one you want to step on since its venom is potent enough to kill you. Whether you are bugging out off-grid or gardening in your back yard; you have a chance of creeping up on a snake
- Crofab is a combo antivenin. Your limb will swell, being hemotoxic there is a chance that at the hospital surgeons will open up your skin in the localized area so that your arm doesn't explode if you get the crofab in you too late. Cost of treatment is 20,000-100,000 so be safe while photographing these beautiful creatures
- Well, today was my first day back to work(2 days shy of 7 weeks). It was great to be back, but was kinda rough as expected. Not used to being back on my feet for 8+ hrs and I could feel my foot/ankle swell a little as the day went on. I elevated it at lunchtime which helped, but it was still pretty swollen by the time I got home
- The venom of the Midget Faded Rattlesnake is composed of a much higher neurotoxin than one would assume. This species carries the presence of a phospholipase A2-based B-neurotoxin (concolor toxin) and several myotoxins (Mackessy et al. 2003) which makes concolor venoms highly toxic. In fact concolor is the most toxic out of the (Western Rattlesnake clade, Crotalus oreganus)
- question is, one started to try & go back under the shed; 1/2 body with head; caught it & finished it off. could it have covered w/o it's ass end & come back to fight again? this whole thing had me scrambling to check my .410 stock; sadly low, but got lucky & found 4 boxes of AA #8's at Bass Pro
- Crofab is best for rattlesnake bites that are primarily hemotoxic in nature. Hemotoxins break down capillaries and destroy blood cells. Neurotoxins kill by causing your nerves to misfire or fail to fire leading to breathing paralysis. The neurotoxic type A Mojave green is considered the most dangerous. So
- Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear
.m. He said the drug is a multi-snake anti-venom that is effective in treating bites of three different rattlesnakes. There are approximately 5,000 to 9,000 snakebites a year that present to emergency departments in the United States. 98% of venomous snakebites are from the North American pit viper. Since the consequences of pit viper envenomation may be severe, it's important to understand the impact of venom on the patient and follow an established treatment protocol. That's why this Strike Back. Family dog saves toddler from deadly snake Last updated at 09:59 01 November 2007 A doberman saved a toddler from a deadly snake by throwing her out of harm's way as it attacked. The pet hauled the 17-month-old girl up by her nappy and flung her over his shoulder like a rag doll. As he did so..
Snakebite antivenin in short supply in U
Tyler Hardy, of Philadelphia, Mississippi, said it appears one of the copperhead's fangs turned downward when it hit his skull while the other fang hit his skull and stopped. Crofab, an antivenom, was administered at a local hospital on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, and then he was airlifted to University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson Back before the 4 door pickup, so I was in the middle. BIL steps out I slide over and look down at the ground before stepping out, dam old rattler right there. I called the BIL he grabbed the shovel in back and wacked his head off
Snake bites? Yes, there's an app for that BTG Specialty
Don't attempt to remove physically, because you'll rip flesh and, more importantly to the owner of these not-cheap pets, potentially rip the snake's teeth which could be a death sentence for the snake and leave fangs inside the patient. First get a container for the snake - a trash bag would be fine. Ice or cold running water on the head. Copperhead snakes are some of the more commonly seen North American snakes. They're also the most likely to bite, although their venom is relatively mild, and their bites are rarely fatal for humans
Severed rattlesnake head bites man who decapitated it
1. my grandfather was very upset at me when I was little girl and killed a king snake ---they help keep rattlesnake's and rodent's out of the barn. 2. I remember a fellow asking my dad what is the hardest part about Coues deer hunting and he said not getting bit by a rattlesnake. 3 The 65-year-old victim looked into the bowl and found a 1.6m albino reticulated python looking back at him. It's thought the snake belonged to his 24-year-old neighbour and may have slithered into the victim's toilet through the plumbing, but exactly how it got there remains unclear Crotalidae polyvalent immune FAB ovine (CroFab) is a safe option [26, 27] and it is indicated even if the envenomation is minimal or mild. [28, 29] An equine Crotalidae immune FAB antivenin was approved in the United States in 2015. An antivenin should be given as a preventative measure if any signs of envenomation exist In the event of a venomous snake bite, antivenom, sometimes called antivenin, is the only treatment. While these miraculous drugs cannot reverse the damage that the venom has already caused you, they do stop the venom in its tracks. So, how exactly does it work? Of course, you'll also want to know which snakes are venomous, how to avoid them, and what to do if you've been bitten by one
Jacksonville man bit by venemous snake. Matt and Erica Conner sit by the tree where Matt was bitten by an 18-inch copperhead after mowing the lawn Sunday afternoon. Matt is holding piece of the. Cottonmouth snakes most notably have different stripe patterns. The faded bands across their back that grow in width as they move to the underbelly sets them apart from the thin bands of a nonvenomous water snake. Unlike nonvenomous water snakes which have rounded eyes, the cottonmouth has thin, slanted vertical eyes like a cat The eastern copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix) also as the copperhead is a species of venomous snake, a pit viper, endemic to Eastern North America; it is a member of the subfamily Crotalinae in the family Viperidae.it's generic name is derived from the Greek words ancistro (hooked) and odon (tooth), or fishhook. The trivial name, or specific epithet, comes from the Latin contortus (twisted.
Oakley Yoder, 10, from Bloomington, Indiana, was bitten on the toe by a copperhead snake during summer camp in July 2018. Her parents received a medical bill totaling $142,938 Once it heats up, the snake heads back to its den to rest, so you're less likely to see one between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., Hovey says. Rodents and small reptiles make up the bulk of a rattlesnake's diet. Rattlers prefer not to waste venom on humans, says Hovey, but will strike in defense if threatened We take snake bite protection seriously. Check out our great selection of snake gaiters, chaps and boots that protect you from dangerous snake bites
Average lengths are given as 3.5 to 5.5 ft (1.1 to 1.7 m), and 2.75 to 6 ft (0.8 to 1.8 m). There was one eastern diamondback rattlesnake specimen shot in 1946 that measured 7.8 ft (2.4 m) in length and weighing 15.4 kg (34 lb). the heaviest known type of venomous snake. However, other venomous snakes may rival this species in weight, the much. Tyler Hardy, of Philadelphia, Mississippi, said it appears one of the copperhead's fangs turned downward when it hit his skull while the other fang hit his skull and stopped. Crofab, an antivenom, was administered at a local hospital on Wednesday, Jan. 15,2020, and then he was airlifted to University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson Boa constrictor, water snake, ribbon snake. The boa was about 4 feet long, and had not been hand tamed very well. Some guy had it at the beach, and tried to drape it around a girl's neck. The girl screamed and started flailing her arms, and the guy lost control of the snake If it coils, just back up a step. They can only strike 1/2 their length and most aren't all that long, at least not compared to some of the southern snakes. Most are under 4' so there's a total striking distance of under 2' True or False. Crotaline Envenomation. Crotaline (Pit Viper) Bites. •The crotaline snakes are called pit vipers because of bilateral depressions or pits located midway between and below the level of the eye and the nostril. • The pit is a heat receptor that guides strikes at warm-blooded prey or predators
About 100 apartments and set up a schedule . Bldg mgr would knock on the door and open and in we went . Went to a back room and Holy Crap about 30 holding pens with glass fronts. I don't think management or the neighbors knew they were there in downtown Boston sixth floor. When walking by , they would strike the glass Antivenom does not reverse the damage that has been done. It only stops further damage. One of the first things that must to be done is to get the victim to the most appropriate medical facility. Mullin also suggests a call to Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 to locate Crofab, the antivenom that will be needed Show Notes Disclaimer: This is the unedited transcript of the podcast. Please excuse any typos. Jeff: Welcome back to EMplify, the podcast corollary to EB Medicine's Emergency Medicine Practice.I'm Jeff Nusbaum, and I'm back with my co-host, Nachi Gupta and we'll be taking you through the September 2018 issue of Emergency Medicine Practice - Emergency Department Management of North. North Carolina (NC) is home to more than 30 species of indigenous venomous and nonvenomous snakes. Snakebites can cause debilitating and potentially fatal injuries. However, there is a lack of current information available describing the incidence of snakebites in NC. Therefore, we performed this study of snakebites treated in NC emergency departments (EDs) using the statewide syndromic.